Ariana Ariana вне форума
Администратор
По умолчанию Marshmallow Melted Snowman Cookie tutorial
Огромная благодарность Автору trulycustomcakery за Мастер-класс

Название: 01.jpg
Просмотров: 0

Размер: 559.8 Кб
Melted Snowman Cookie Tutorial. Part 1 - The Cookie Dough

Okay... so if we are going to learn how to make a melted snowman cookie, you need cookie dough. You can use just about any Sugar Cookie Cut Out Recipe you choose. But I use one from AllRecipes.com that tastes really good, is soft, and is substantial.

My thought is that if I'm going to go through all the trouble to hand form cookies and decorate in steps,
I want a "COOKIE". Not some little tiny thing that is gone in one bite.

So... Here's the link to Michelle's Soft Sugar Cookies. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Michelles-Soft-Sugar-Cookies/Detail.aspx Make a batch and get it chilling in the fridge. The recipe says overnight BUT if you get the dough made in the morning, you can be doing a project with your kids after dinner that night. You need the dough to chill thoroughly so think at least 4 hours in the fridge.
While your dough is chilling in the fridge, start to assemble the ingredients for the next step.
You'll need:
  • Large Marshmallows
  • Royal Icing (Choose a Recipe from All Recipes )
  • Icing Colors (Food Color or Wilton Gel Colors of your choice. You can find the Wilton Colors at a Craft Store)
  • Silver Dragees, Mini Chocolate Chips, or other little candy pieces you could use for buttons and accessories on your snowman. (You can pipe these details in royal icing OR use accessories. For kids... accessories are easier)
  • Parchment Paper
  • Shortening

Melted Snowman Cookie Tutorial. Part 2 - The Cookie

After your dough has chilled for at least 4 hours, prepare your work surface. You'll need flour, a couple of cookie sheets lined with parchment paper, a spoon or cookie scoop, and a pre-heated oven.
Название: 02.jpg

Размер: 63.6 Кб

Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop a small ice cream scooped size of dough and sprinkle it with flour. This is important if you don't want the dough sticking to your hands.Название: 03.jpg

Размер: 67.4 Кб

Roll the dough into a ball and start to press it flat. Make it so it has a real wavy kind of funky look to it. The ultimate goal is a puddle. There is no right shape. I like to start it in my hand and then set it on the cookie sheet and press it down until it's about half an inch thick. Название: 04.jpg

Размер: 51.7 КбMake them all different.
Go ahead and repeat that step with each cookie. You'll want to get them as close to the same size as possible but they don't have to be exact. Название: 05.jpg

Размер: 52.3 Кб
Bake according to your recipe directions. While they are baking, go ahead and make your Royal Icing Recipe. I use the Wilton Recipe that has Meringue Powder. If you would like to use this recipe, you can purchase Meringue Powder at a craft store.
Here is the recipe I use:
Wilton Royal Icing Recipe.

Ingredients:

• 3 tb Wilton meringue powder
  • 1 lb Sifted powdered sugar
  • 6 tb Water
Preparation

IF using a counter top mixer, beat all ingredients at low speed for 7 to 10 minutes until icing forms peaks. If you are using a hand held mixer, it will take more like 10-12 minutes.
AFTER you get stiff peaks, you'll want to transfer about 1/2 into a bowl and add a 1/2 a teaspoon of water at a time while stirring until the consistency is slightly runny.
To test for the right consistency: Using a knife, scoop a little of your runny icing and hold above the bowl. As it drips, count to 10. By the count of 10, the icing that dripped down should meld into the icing in the bowl so there is no indication of where your drips landed.
Put your icing in a container covered with a wet paper towel and a lid.
Melted Snowman Cookie Tutorial. Part 3 - The Icing and Marshmallow

Now that your icing is made and your cookies have cooled, you are ready for the next step. Place a piece of parchment paper on your work surface and pick a couple of cookies to start with. Название: 06.jpg

Размер: 60.7 Кб
Spoon a small puddle of icing onto your cookie and using the back of a spoon or a knife spread it around making sure to go right to the edges in some spots so he looks drippy.
Название: 07.jpg

Размер: 26.4 Кб
Next, liberally grease a plate or silicone mat with shortening. And place about 8 marshmallows on the mat, spaced out. Set your microwave for 20 seconds and DO NOT WALK AWAY. Watch the marshmallows. As they start to puff up, you are ready to go. Don't let them get huge or melt. You just want them to puff. Stop your microwave BEFORE they double in size. Название: 08.jpg

Размер: 65.6 Кб
Liberally Grease your fingers and pick up one marshmallow at a time and kind of smoosh it into place. You don't have to be neat or perfect, just get it on there. The marshmallow should not stick to your fingers as long as you have shortening on them.
Название: 09.jpg

Размер: 34.2 Кб
Repeat this step for each cookie and then let the icing set up just a bit.
Melted Snowman Cookie Tutorial. Part 4 - Decorating

At this point you've got your base ready to go and you can decorate as you please. You'll need some piping bags and size 1 or 2 tips. You can also use a zip top bag with a very small hole cut in the corner. Color your royal icing the colors of your choice and have fun. If you have never done royal icing cookie decorating, you might want to take a look at this tutorial by SugarBelle before you begin. Cookie Decorating Tutorial.

Here are a few different ways we decorated.
Название: 10.jpg

Размер: 559.8 Кб
Every decoration on these is royal icing. I pipe the noses on in a medium/stiff consistency. Use a #1 or #2 tip and pull up and away as you pipe. The nose should stand up in the direction you pull.
Название: 11.jpg

Размер: 480.6 Кб
Here we used Mini Chocolate Chips for buttons. The arms, eyes, and mouth were piped with a #1 tip.
Название: 12.jpg

Размер: 207.8 Кб

Название: 13.jpg

Размер: 12.9 Кб
The little snowballs on this guy are MicroMallow's from Kraft. If you can't find them, just sneak some out of your hot chocolate mix! They make adorable snowballs if you want a snowball fight!
Название: 14.jpg

Размер: 14.3 Кб
To make it easier on the kids, you can use Silver Dragees or mini chocolate chips for buttons.
Название: 15.jpg

Размер: 201.3 Кб
Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск

©2022 Lovely Tutorials
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO