Ariana Ariana вне форума
Администратор
По умолчанию босоножка-gumpaste stiletto
Огромная благодарность автору roxanne за Мастер-класс

How to Make a Gum Paste Stiletto, 2011 Version

Название: 1.JPG
Просмотров: 25

Размер: 76.8 Кб

Step 1: Get snowed in for 3 days. Seriously, I haven't left my home since Sunday afternoon. Might leave tomorrow but I'm not totally convinced...

Step 2: Get inspired. My birthday's coming up in a couple weeks so I thought I might need a fabulous stiletto for a fabulous cake.

Here we go...

Start with tip 2A circles. Cut these out from 1/8" thick gum paste.
Название: 2_resize.JPG
Просмотров: 10

Размер: 74.9 Кб

Carefully thread them onto 18 gauge wire and start letting them set up.
Название: 3_resize.JPG

Размер: 61.1 Кб

I digress. Must be cabin fever... Anyway, mold the rest of your heel:
Название: 4_resize.JPG

Размер: 86.8 Кб

And shape your sole and let that set up a bit:
Название: 5_resize.JPG

Размер: 67.3 Кб

I form my soles using some combination of tape, cardboard, foam, and a little shaper I made out of some useless fondant a while back. It's held up well. I've also done it using parchment paper taped to a book and a countertop-- just make sure the slope is nice and gradual. Sorry, I'm an engineer... I look at things like slope.

Next step, attach the heel carefully once its set up enough, and add the sole lining. On this shoe I also added a platform under the toe.
Название: 6.JPG
Просмотров: 9

Размер: 431.3 Кб

Next steps, I wrapped the side of the shoe (around the platform) and added the back. For pieces like the back, I like to use two different colors of gum paste layered together, and you can either roll it out by hand or put it through a pasta roller.
Название: 7_resize.JPG
Просмотров: 11

Размер: 96.2 Кб

Next, I added the toe piece and supported it with some paper towel while it set up.
Next I added the loop on the back of the heel and painted the lining gold before adding any more straps.
Название: 9_resize.JPG

Размер: 70.8 Кб

Then comes the really fun part.
Precariously balance the next straps to let them set up. These are also two toned (red on the bottom and ivory on top). Right now the shoe kinda looks like it came out of surgery... but she'll be okay.

Название: 10_resize.JPG

Размер: 81.3 Кб

Once those straps were set, I added the center (vertical) strap and let it set a bit. This strap has 3 pieces-- a center red piece with the zipper on it, and then the outside red piece with the stitching.

Название: 11.jpg

Размер: 117.1 Кб

Finally I added the zipper pull and the ankle strap.
Название: 12_resize.JPG

Размер: 82.1 Кб

That completes the structure, and the rest was just dusting and painting! Oh, and a lot of gold dragees...

Название: 13_resize.JPG

Размер: 102.8 Кб

One by one... one little dragee at a time...

Название: 14.jpg

Размер: 174.8 Кб

Ahh, victory! Then to the photoshoot table... such as it is.

Название: 15.jpg

Размер: 155.7 Кб

This shoe is based on a pair that I actually own. I don't find too many occasions to wear them, but I love the design.

Don't forget to paint the bottom of the heel black... I almost did.
Название: 17.jpg

Размер: 149.3 Кб

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO